Today it was back to toasted sandwiches. We shared a Lemon Pepper Tuna and Swiss, and a Turkey and Swiss.
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter and garlic spread.
While not particularly exciting they are decent sandwiches for $2.86 per serve.
Tonight we sous vidé two pork chops from our Keller Crafted meat box and seared them before serving with stir fried green beans and brown rice.
- The pork chop was $12.20 per serve
- Add 20c for avocado oil
- The green beans $2.99 for the pack and we shared half, or 50c per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve.
We have definitely hit the magic combination of temperature and sear for the pork chops to turn our consistently perfect. The high temperature stir fry on the beans definitely enhanced their flavor, and a little soy in the rice added some salt to the dish. A really good meal for $13.23 per serve.