A rare shopping trip to Jon’s Market had us come back with – as we usually do – a BBQ chicken, fresh baguette and an heirloom tomato. We spread the baguette liberally with Trader Joe’s Garlic Spread/Dip for extra flavor.
- The chicken is $6.99, but we shared ¼ or 88c per serve
- The baguette is $2.79 and we each had ¼, or 70c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $2.55 and we shared half, or 64c per serve
- Add 30c for the garlic spread.
Proving, again, that really good ingredients need minimal treatment to make a great meal. This is always good for $2.52 per serve.
Tonight’s Rib Eye was first seared on the fat side and then on a very hot plate to cook it to a perfect blue. We served with seared radicchio with Balsamic vinegar.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is $8.10 per serve
- The radicchio was $1.05 and we used about half, or 26c per serve
- Add 30c olives
- Add 50c for balsamic.
Dry aged and cooked to perfection the steak was as good as we have come to expect from Keller Crafted. The radicchio turned out well and is something we’ll likely repeat, and probably experiment with. A really enjoyable steak night for $9.16 per serve.