We decided to repeat yesterday’s lunch so we could use the second half of the heirloom tomato. Without a baguette, we completed some par baked Rustic Panini Rolls and spread liberally with the garlic spread before stuffing it with the chicken and tomato.
- The panini roll is 63c
- The chicken is $6.99, but we shared ¼ or 88c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $2.55 and we shared half, or 64c per serve
- Add 30c for the garlic spread.
The freshly baked roll is almost as good as the baguette. Almost. Still a great sandwich for $2.45 per serve.
Tonight we hot smoked wild caught salmon fillets and served with a salad that was all the other ingredients from a smoked salmon bagel, without the bagel.
- The salmon fillets were $9.83 or $4.92 per serve
- Half a shallot is 10c per serve
- Cucumbers were 15c or 8c per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.75 but we used half, or 69c per serve
- Add 20c for labné
- Add 10c for “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning.
We managed to get the salmon almost perfectly cooked. The meal was a successful riff on the smoked salmon bagel, turned into a meal for $6.09 per serve.