After trying some pre-prepared Chinese food from Wholefoods that was a little disappointing, we tried some frozen from Trader Joe’s. Apart from a suggested cooking time half what was really required, these were pretty good.
- Chicken Shu Mai were $2.95 or $1.48 per serve
- Pork Bao were $3.49 or $1.75 per serve.
These were pretty tasty for $3.23 per serve.
Since we get cubed beef in our meat box, we’re always looking for new ways to use it. Tonight we decided on Chinese Stir-Fry with Three Vegetables.
- The beef was $8.84, or $4.42 per serve
- Bok Choy was 97c or 49c per serve
- Sliced Crimini mushrooms were $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Add 20c for onion, garlic and ginger
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients.
This was a pretty good stir fry for $6.86 per serve.