Back to toasted sandwiches and we shared two favorites: Lemon Pepper, capers and Swiss cheese on one, and one with sliced Turkey Breast, sun dried tomato spread and Swiss.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 40c for butter, and sun dried tomato spread.
An acceptable meal for $2.06 per serve.
After a hot day cold chicken and salad was a good choice. The chicken was the remainder of our supermarket BBQ chicken and the salad of mung bean sprouts was inspired by Nigella Lawson’s Vietnamese Salad.
- The chicken is $1.75 per serve
- Mung bean sprouts were $1.49 but we used only half, or 38c per serve
- Carrot adds 10c per serve
- Add 30c for salad dressing ingredients.
A fine meal for $2.13 per serve.