A repeat of the tuna, capers and Swiss with Sweet and Spicy Tuna and a sandwich spread heavily with the garlic spread and the remainder of the heirloom tomato.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter, and garlic spread
- The tomato has already been accounted for.
Two good sandwiches for $1.96 per serve.
Being ‘meatless Monday’ we grilled eggplant steaks and served with peanut satay sauce along with a radicchio version of Nigella Lawson’s ‘Vietnamese’ salad.
- The eggplant was $1.49, or 75c per serve, but we have one steak left with sauce for an upcoming lunch
- The radicchio was $1.05 and we used the other half, or 26c per serve
- Add 10c for carrot
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients.
Tonight we did steaks instead of cubes and we feel it worked better. Definitely a favorite meal when the eggplant is cooked to custardy perfection. Really good for $2.21 per serve.