Earlier in the day we were at Whole Foods for other reasons, so we picked up Albacore Sashimi and a black rice Cucmber Avocado Roll, for $10.49 per serve.
Another new recipe to use some stewing pork from our meat box, this Slow Cooked Coconut Pork Curry was surprisingly good.
- The pork was $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- A can of coconut milk was $1.69 or 85c per serve
- A can of diced tomatoes was $1.00 or 50c per serve
- Ginger was $1.38 but we used 1/6 or 12c per serve
- Curry powder was $4.99 and we used 30c per serve
- Add 30c for other seasonings.
This curry started out with nearly a full pot and it reduced to just a couple of cups of intensified flavor. We enjoyed it a lot as it had melded into something completely unlike the ingredients that went in. The pork was very tender and the sauce full of flavor for $6.57 per serve.