Because it’s Sunday we took a little more time with lunch and had Trader Joe’s Giant Baked Beans, Spinach and Feta Sausages and a Fried Egg.
- An egg per serve costs 51c
- The bread is 16c
- Add 10c for butter to cook the eggs
- The baked beans work out at $1.00 per serve
- The sausages were $5.00 for the pack or $2.50 per serve.
A hearty lunch for $4.27 per serve.
Tonight we tried Nigella Lawson’s Mustard Pork Chops although we didn’t pound our chops thin, but adjusted cook time to get a perfect medium rare. We substituted a Apple Cider Vinegar with sweetener instead of hard cider, which provided an enjoyable ‘tart’ edge to the mustard sauce
- The pork chops are $10.30 or $5.15 per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or $1.35 per serve
- Add 30c for mustard
- Add 25c for cider vinegar
- Add 30c for heavy cream.
The gnocchi and mustardy cream sauce worked well together and paired with perfectly cooked pork it was a great meal for $7.35 per serve.