Today two toasted sandwiches: Thai style Tuna, which turned out to be not as good as the Sweet & Spicy Tuna we normally get, with Avocado, and a Roast Turkey Breast and Avocado. No cheese in today’s sandwiches!
- The Rye bread is 32c per serve
- The Thai style Tuna is $1.00 per serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- The Avocado was $1.50 or 75c per serve
- Add 30c for butter.
Both decent sandwiches for $2.95 per serve.
Foodie Greg has been looking for a reason to test a Tempeh recipe for a while and decided on Peanutty Noodles with Temeh Crumbles. Although nominally for four, we finished most of the recipe.
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 50c a serve
- The three grain Tempeh was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Soba noodles add 40c per serve
- Add 50c for oil and seasoning.
While the peanut sauce had a different flavor profile than the one we enjoy with steak or eggplant, it was still very tasty but without the funkiness that Fish Sauce brings. The Tempeh had a good nutty flavor and a texture that added a meaty toothiness to the dish, which went well with the peanut sauces. A good dish for $2.40 per serve.