Back to toasted sandwiches today, starting with Turkey, Kumato and Swiss, along with Spicy Tuna, Pickled Onion and Swiss.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter, and garlic spread
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we shared one or 35c per serve.
Decent sandwiches for $2.89 per serve.
Tonight we returned to a long time favorite: Jambalaya.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $6.99, or $1.75 per serve
- We can now get real pork andouille sausage from our local Ralph’s supermarket for $6.99 or $1.75 per serve
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes cost $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Bell pepper was $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Scallions, onion, garlic and herbs adds 35c per serve
- Tomato paste adds 12c per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve.
Even though we dropped the chicken, this is a generous portion with good spice from the andouille, for $4.98 per serve.