Even though we had pulled pork last night, we heated another serve and stuffed it in a hot panini roll spread with a little Carolina Style BBQ sauce and topped with pickled onion.
- Pulled pork is 4.62 per serve or $2.31 each
- The panini roll is 63c
- Pickled onion is 35c
- Add 20c for Carolina BBQ Sauce.
We really enjoyed this sandwich for $3.64 per serve.
After some searching Foodie Greg found a chickenless chicken strip that wasn’t breaded or otherwise flavored. It became the basis of a chickenless Tikka Marsala.
- The chickenless “tenders” were $2.99 per serve
- The Tikka Vegetables were $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve.
The fake chicken did not have a texture like a tender because there were no muscle fibers, but the texture and flavor was a reasonable substitute on a Meatless Monday (night) and worked well with the Tikka vegetables and sauce. A decent meal for $4.32 per serve.