With a little more time for lunch we finished baking some par-baked panini rolls while frying off some bacon. Bacon, sliced Kumato and Garlic spread made an excellent sandwich for lunch.
- The panini roll is 63c
- Bacon was $4.99 for 16 slices and we had two each, or 63c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we shared one or 35c per serve
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
An excellent sandwich for $1.81 per serve.
A two pound pork butt makes for great pulled pork! Combine with brown rice, canned cuban black beans, and some pickled red onion and you have an great meal.
- The pork was $21.15 and we will get six good size serves, or $3.53 per serve
- Onion and garlic add 25c per serve
- Chicken stock adds $2.00 or 40c per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice
- The pickled onion adds 35c per serve
- Cuban style black beans were 99c for the can or 50c per serve.
The pulled pork came out extremely well: tender, moist and tasty. All up a really good Sunday dinner for $5.44 per serve.