Since we still had a ripe avocado we made two identical avocado and sardine toasted sandwiches.
- The Avocado was 79c each or 40c per serve
- Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Smokey sardines in oil is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- Add 30c for butter.
A decent sandwich for $1.87 per serve.
Last month’s Keller Crafted meat box featured two thick cut, bone-in pork chops, so we brined them ahead of grilling.
We served the chops with an Apple-Bacon slaw, made with the remaining Chinese Cabbage.
- The pork chops were $9.71 each
- Four slices of bacon are $2.74 or 68c per serve
- A Nappa Cabbage was $2.39 but we split it across many meals, or 30c per serve
- The Gala apple was 35c or 18c per serve
- Add 20c for apple cider vinegar and seasoning.
The pork chop was grilled perfectly and the Apple-Bacon slaw provided a good acid hit to balance the rendered pork fat in the chop. An excellent meal for $11.07 per serve.