As we had a ripe avocado it had to be used today, so we split it across two sandwiches and topped each with half a can of skinless, boneless sardines in water.
- The avocado cost $4.29 for five and we shared one or 43c per serve
- Skinless, boneless sardines in water are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
A quite decent sandwich for $2.00 per serve.
This month’s meat box had a return to NY Strip steak, which is great on the grill because we can pre-cook the fat edge to get some smokiness happening in the grill.
Tonight we topped it with Béarnaise Sauce and served with Crash Hot Potatoes and Tabouli.
- The steak was $19.97 or $9.99 per serve
- The potatoes were $1.09 or 55c per serve
- Tabouli was $2.69 and we used about ½ or 67c per serve
- The Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used about ⅓, or 55c per serve.
A great meal all round, from the tender and perfectly cooked NY Strip topped with Béarnaise, to the Crash Hot Potatoes that were crisp on the outside but soft inside. The Tabouli made a fine accompaniment. A great meal for $11.76 per serve.