Because we were having guests mid afternoon, and there would be cheese served, we opted for a repeat of the Egg Salad Panini Roll with Watercress.
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 92c per serve
- The watercress cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 12c per serve.
We enjoyed this roll a lot for $1.67 per serve.
A return to an old favorite: Chipotle Bacon and Black Bean Soup. This makes four serves.
- Bacon ends cost $4.99 for the container, but this recipe used about 1/4 of that, or 32c per serve
- Onion and garlic – about 5c a serve
- Spices – about 12c a serve
- The beans were 99c a can, or 50c a serve
- The adobo chipotle adds 50c per serve
- The avocado cost $4.29 for five and we shared one or 43c per serve
- Sour cream cost $2.99 but we used 1/8 on tonight’s meal, or 19c per serve.
All up dinner cost us $2.11 for a very filling serve.