Back to toasted sandwiches today, starting with Turkey, Kumato and Swiss, along with Spicy Tuna, Capers and Swiss.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter, and garlic spread
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we shared one or 35c per serve.
Decent sandwiches for $2.89 per serve.
Although we’ve made this Black Pepper Beef stir fry before, this is the first time we’ve done it with ground beef. We crossed cultures by serving with Japanese style Soba noodles!
- 1 lb of Keller Crafted ground beef is $8.25 or $4.13 per serve
- Soba noodles add 40c per serve
- Bell Peppers were 79c or 40c per serve
- Chipotle powder adds 10c per serve
- Onion and garlic add 25c per serve
- Add 50c for the other ingredients.
We didn’t really think this idea through! Marinating ground beef isn’t entirely successful. Because of the higher fat content in ground beef, the meat never really fried. While the taste was still good, it wasn’t a complete success for $5.78 per serve.