We reheated the rest of the pulled pork and stuffed it in a hot panini roll spread with a little Carolina Style BBQ sauce and topped with pickled onion.
- Pulled pork is 4.62 per serve or $2.31 each
- The panini roll is 63c
- Pickled onion is 35c
- Add 20c for Carolina BBQ Sauce.
We really enjoyed this sandwich for $3.64 per serve.
We returned to a chicken chili recipe we used to cook regularly, with Chick’n instead of chicken. Chick’n is a vegan substitute that we’ve been experimenting with on our Meatless Mondays.
- The chickenless “tenders” were $2.99 per serve
- Chicken broth is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Canned black beans are $1.00 or 50c per serve
- Brown rice add 33c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for ancho chili powder, onion, garlic and green onion.
We are giving up on trying to substitute fake meats! The texture is completely wrong, to the extent that it ruins the experience of the meal. Our future Meatless Mondays will not be faking meat!
Overall, a very average meal for $5.32 per serve.