As it was tending toward a gray day, we had a Tarte au Brie from Trader Joes, which was pretty good, although we could improve our heating technique for a crisper bottom.
Pretty good for $3.99 pr $2.00 per serve.
We strongly prefer tempeh to any fake meat we’ve tried, so tonight a Tempeh and Green Bean Stir-fry with Peanut Sauce. Who doesn’t like a peanut sauce.
- Green beans were $2.79 and we used about half or 70c per serve
- The bell peppers were $1.79 or 85c per serve
- Mung Bean Sprouts were $1.49 and we used about half, or 37c per serve
- The three grain tempeh is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 50c a serve
- Add 20c for other ingredients.
A pretty decent stir-fry for $3.62 per serve.