We still had a little baked ham so we stuffed that, along with Tomato and Swiss on a hot Panini Roll spread with Trader Joe’s Garlic Spread.
- The Panini Roll is 63c
- The ham is $1.02 per portion, but we only had a half serve left, or 25c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Tomatoes add 30c per serve
- Add 20c for Garlic Spread.
A really enjoyable roll with a good balance of salty ham, garlic spread, a little acid from the tomato and some Swiss to add mouth feel and flavor, for $1.72 per serve.
Being Thursday night, and having a NY Strip Steak from our meat delivery, it was obviously going to be a steak night! Because of the weather we seared it in the high tech wok after rendering out a lot of the fat into the pan.
While the steak was resting, the remnant beef fat was used to fry off some Bell Peppers, Garlic, Bok Choy and Cashews seasoned with Sesame Oil. We substituted Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Cashews, which added a delightful spice to the stir-fry.
- The steak was $19.97 or $9.99 per serve
- The Bell Peppers were $1.19 or 59c per serve
- Baby Boy Choy was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The Chili Lime Cashews are $7.99 for the pack, but we used about ⅓ or $1.33 per serve
- Add 30c for Sesame Oil.
The non-stick, high tech wok meant we could get a very hot cooking surface so we a steak that had a perfect seared crust while remaining blué in the middle, exactly how we like it. The stir-fry was a tasty side dish, with the Chili Lime Cashews giving it a lot more flavor than the base recipe called for. A great meal for $13.21 per serve.