The Foodies decided to check out the new Whole Foods in Porter Ranch, and were received that the same Sushi provider made the move, so we picked up a Spicy Vegetarian Roll (in black rice) and a combo plate with miniature tuna and salmon rolls, with salmon and tuna sushi.
- The combo plate was $17.99 or $9.00 per serve
- The vegetarian roll was $7.99 or $4.00 per serve.
Lunch today was good for $13.00 per serve.
For “Fishy Friday” this week Foodie Greg decided on a deconstructed Salade Niçoise, without the potato.
We picked up the fresh olives and tuna in a jar, because it hasn’t had the high pressure, high temperature treatment of the tuna that happens with canning. We dropped the potato because it doesn’t add a lot of flavor.
- The tuna was $9.29 or $4.65 per serve
- The olives were $4.95 or $2.48 per serve
- Pastured eggs are 51c each or 77c per serve
- Grape tomatoes cost $2.79 but we used ½ the packet, or 69c per serve
- The green beans $2.99 for the pack and we shared half, or 75c per serve
- Add 50c for dressing ingredients.
An excellent salad and the potatoes were not missed. The fresh olives had a lot more flavor and oil than canned or jared. We definitely preferred the texture of the tuna-in-a-jar over the canned equivalent. All up a good meal for $9.84 per serve.