Take a par baked panini roll and finish it in the oven. Then cover one side with garlic spread, add some sliced roast turkey breast and some good cheddar, and you have yourself a lunch!
- The panini roll is 63c
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- The Old Crock cheddar was $5.45 or $1.02 per serve
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
We keep returning to this because it tastes so good and costs only $2.43 per serve.
Tonight we tried a new recipe: Spanish-Style Meatloaf with 2 lbs of ground pork, which is slightly more than the recipe calls for. We decided not to adjust the other ingredients for a slightly meatier version. Although we skipped the cheese, we will get four serves from this meatloaf.
- The pork came from our Keller Crafted meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $4.16 per serve
- The potato was 73c or 18c per serve
- The green bell pepper was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- The orange bell pepper was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- Instead of white bread we used Panko breadcrumbs at $2.99 for 16oz and we used 8oz or 37c per serve
- An pastured egg is 51c or 13c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for paprika, onion, garlic, thyme and seasoning
- The Sweet Potato Halloumi Bake is $1.34 per serve.
The combination of smoked paprika and pork made this very reminiscent of dry chorizo, except with a much lighter texture. It paired well with the tray bake into a filling meal for $7.24 per serve.