The Foodies were in different places during the day. Foodie Philip skipped lunch while helping a friend move while Foodie Greg made a Ham and Swiss sandwich.
- The bread is $5.99 for 18 slides or 66c per sandwich serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter, and garlic spread
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve.
Foodie Greg’s sandwich was $1.88 per serve. Mid afternoon Foodie Philip finished some excellent stuffed zucchini out of the move out kitchen.
While at Whole Foods last Friday we picked up some Beyond Sausage – a vegetarian sausage – in yet another attempt at a “meaty” Meatless Monday!
We reheated the remaining Sweet Potato Halloumi bake from last night to serve with the sausages.
- The Sweet Potato Halloumi Bake is $1.34 per serve
- The sausages were $8.99 or $4.50 per serve.
This meal was right in the middle of our typical cost at $5.84 per serve. After grilling on the grill outside, the Beyond Sausages were believably meat. The instructions recommended a single turn, but we would do four in the same cooking time if we do them again.
Foodie Philip equated them with the Hebrew Nation beef hotdogs served during the user group meeting. Not the best sausage we’ve ever had, but pleasant to eat and believably “a sausage”.