Foodie Philip was off helping a friend move apartment and kind of forgot to eat until a pack of Trader Joe’s “Just a Handful” Trail Mix.
- The Trail mix was 65c per serve
- Egg salad is 90c per serve
- The Whole Grain Crispbread is 25c each.
Today’s lunch was very ad hoc and averaged 90c per serve.
For “Fishy Friday” we hot smoked some Wild Caught Salmon and served with a “Everything But the Bagel” salad (tomato, cucumber, shallot, capers in a creamy dressing).
- The salmon fillets were $9.83 or $4.92 per serve
- The shallot is 25c per serve
- Cucumbers were 15c or 8c per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.79 but we used half, or 20c per serve
- Add 20c for labné
- Add 10c for “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning.
The Salmon cooked faster than expected but we caught before it was over-done, so it was near perfect. The Salad is a nice balance and the flavor profile of the meal is of a Smoked Salmon Bagel without the bread. A great meal for $5.75 per serve.