For lunch we finished the final 1/5 of the pork sirloin by stuffing it in a Panini Roll spread with Carolina BBQ sauce and topped with pickled onion.
- The panini roll is 63c
- The pork sirloin is $1.00 per serve
- Add 25c for BBQ sauce and pickled onion.
The pork flavor came through and was nicely balanced by the crispness of the pickled onion, all of which was complemented by the BBQ sauce. Nothing dominated this sandwich. Just $1.88 per serve.
We’ve had various Antipasto style salads – heavy on the meats – in the past, but this variation with Marinated Cauliflower seemed interesting.
- Cauliflower florets were $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Kalamata Olive were $2.99, but we shared ¼, or 38c per serve
- Fire Roasted Yellow and Red Peppers were $1.99 and we shared ¼ or 25c per serve
- Sliced Salami was $4.49 for the tray, and half went into this meal, or $1.25 per serve
- Add 75c per serve for marinade ingredients and capers.
We found this surprisingly tasty and enjoyable. The steamed cauliflower had the perfect amount of texture and had taken the marinade well. The salty balance of the olives and salami were balanced by the lemon juice in the marinade. An enjoyable meal for $3.83 per serve.