We cooked off some sliced gyro meat and placed that on top of cucumber over tabouli.
- Tabouli was $2.69 and we used about ½ or 67c per serve
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10 oz pack. There are really four serves, so $1.00 per serve
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Add 20c for garlic dressing.
A great balance between the meat, spices and crunchy fresh bit from the cucumber. A pretty good sandwich for $3.53 per serve.
One of the more successful meat substitutes we’ve auditioned has been the Soy Chorizo, so tonight we used it in a Breakfast Taco with some left over Potato and Pepper mix we had frozen. Served on a Corn and Wheat Tortilla and topped with a fried egg and salsa, it sure looked good.
- Tortillas were $3.99 for the pack and we used four of 12, or 67c per serve
- The soy chorizo is $2.29 at Trader Joe’s and we used it all for $1.15 per serve
- Pastured eggs are 51c each or $1.02 per serve
- The roast potato mix was $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Add 40c for salsa
- Add 20c for seasoning.
The meal was very spicy, which we mostly enjoyed. The tortilla’s we didn’t really enjoy that much, and we’ll be sticking to all wheat from now. The yolk drizzled down into the chorizo vegetable mix and created a great combination in a decent meal for $4.19 per serve.