As Foodie Philip was traveling near a Popeye’s at an appropriate moment of the day we had Dark Meat Spicy with Red Beans and Rice.
- 11 Piece Special is $16.41 with tax – $1.49 per chicken piece – or $2.98 per serve
- Red Beans and Rice is $4.36 with tax or $2.18 per serve.
We like fried chicken for $5.16 per serve.
Uncertain whether our meat box would arrive on time, we had Lamb Loin Chops as backup, and backup is what we needed! Served with a Farro Tabbouleh it’s a good combination.
- Lamb Loin Chops were $14.25 or $7.13 per serve
- Persian Cucumbers were $2.29 for five, and we shared one in the tabbouleh, or 23c per serve
- The farro was $1.79 for the pack, but we shared ⅓ or 10c per serve
- Tomatoes were $3.49 for five but we shared one, or 35c per serve
- Mint came from our garden.
The Lamb Loin Chops got great grill flavor and paired perfectly with the Farro Tabbouleh for $7.81 per serve.