Before leaving San Diego we had brunch with a friend. Foodie Philip had Classic Eggs Benedict with Hash Browns, while Foodie Greg had Heuvos Rancheros.
Aside from the Hash Browns being somewhat undercooked the rest of the meal was pretty good for $21.55 per serve with tax and tip.
Thursday night is traditionally our “steak” night and tonight we grilled a NY Strip steak to perfection and accompanied it with Farro Tabbouleh.
- The NY Strip Steak was $20.18 or $10.09 per serve
- Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used ¼ or 42c per serve
- Persian Cucumbers were $2.29 for five, and we shared one in the tabbouleh, or 23c per serve
- The farro was $1.79 for the pack, but we shared ⅓ or 10c per serve
- Tomatoes were $3.49 for five but we shared one, or 35c per serve
- Mint came from our garden.
A great steak and salad meal for $11.16 per serve.