Some simple sandwiches for lunch.
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- The Old Crock cheddar was $5.45 or 68c per serve
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
A pair of good sandwiches for $3.23 per serve.
This was a new recipe and new concept: Chowder with Asian Flavors. It sounded intriguing so we had to give it a try on “Fishy Friday.” We smoked the cod in our stovetop smoker before chopping and adding to the recipe just at the end. Similarly the shrimp were ‘steamed’ on top of the soup for five minutes.
We will get four serves from the soup, although we add shrimp fresh each time. We skipped the baby corn and coriander.
- Argentinian Shrimp are $9.99 for a pack and we use about ¼ pack each, or $2.50
- The cod fillets were six for $12.99 or $1.08 per serve
- Russet Potatoes were 50c or 13c per serve
- Limes were 79c or 20c per serve
- Coconut milk was $1.29 or 32c per serve
- Corn adds 25c per serve
- Add 30c for the remaining ingredients.
An excellent soup for $4.33 per serve. The Argentinian Shrimp had great flavor and will be buying them again.