We each had a sandwich of Roast Turkey Breast, Tabouleh and Béarnaise Sauce on Dave’s PowerSeed bread.
- The bread is 66c per serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Tabouli was $2.69 and we used about ½ or 67c per serve
- The Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used about ⅓, or 55c per serve.
A decent sandwich for $2.46 per serve.
Dinner tonight was an experiment with a Taco Salad – essentially a taco without the shell. We substituted Cotija cheese for Cheddar because it tastes better and doesn’t get gloopy in a salad.
- The ground beef was $8.45 and we’ll got four serves from that, or $2.11 per serve
- Power Greens were $3.29 and we used half, or 83c per serve
- A bag of four avocados was $6.99 and we shared one, or 88c per serve
- Grape tomatoes cost $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Add 40c for Cotija cheese
- Taco Seasoning was 79c and we used ¼ or 10c per serve.
- Add 30c for other ingredients.
This was much better than we expected. The flavors blended well and we didn’t miss the Taco shell at all. A good meal for $5.47 per serve.