Our last meal from Thursday night’s Chinese BBQ left overs! We took the remaining Rice and Char Siu Pork, to which we added onion, carrot, egg and peas.
- The rice and pork are $5.61 per serve
- A Pastured Egg is 51c or 26c per serve
- Add 60c for the other vegetables and butter.
A very generous serving of a great Fried Rice for $6.47 per serve.
A nice night for a grill or salad. Why not combine them into a Thai Steak Salad with Peanut Satay Sauce.
- The top sirloin from the Prather Ranch delivery was $12.36 or $6.18 per serve
- The red pepper was $1.49 but we shared half, or 38c per serve
- Power Greens were $3.29 and we used half, or 83c per serve
- Limes were 33c or 16c per serve
- We used about 1/4 of the $6.99 pack of Chili Lime Cashews, or $1.17 per serve
- The cucumber was 36c or 18c per serve
- Mint came from our garden
- Add 70c for dressing and marinade ingredients.
While the concept sounded good, the Peanut Sauce made the greens “gloopy.” We think it would have been more successful in a traditional Salad with Steak and Peanut Sauce. Still it tasted great for $9.60 per serve.