A return to the simplicity of a Tomato and Cheese sandwich, with flavorful Kumato and great Cheddar.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Old Crock cheddar was $5.45 or 90c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we each had one, or 70c per serve
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
Excellent bread, great tomato and cheddar make for a really good sandwich for $2.46 per serve.
One of the more successful meat substitutes we’ve tried has been the Soy Chorizo, so we though these Soy Chorizo Enchilada Bowls were worth a try. We will get at least four serves from this recipe.
- The Soy Chorizo is $2.29 or 57c per serve
- Black beans are 99c or 25c per serve
- The Enchilada Sauce was $1.28 and we used less than ¼, or 16c per serve
- Add 30c for peppers, onion and chili
- Add 20c for other ingredients
- Add 33c for white rice.
This isn’t a bad recipe, but it did not sit well with Foodie Philip who substituted a turkey sandwich. It was quite filling and we’ll likely get more than four serves at $1.81 per serve.