A trip to Jon’s always results in a BBQ Chicken, Heirloom Tomato and fresh Baguette. Add some garlic spread and it’s a great meal.
- The Chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The Baguette is $2.79 and we shared half, or 70c per serve
- The Heirloom Tomato was $1.56 or 78c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for garlic spread.
As always great ingredients make for a great sandwich and this is a good one for $2.56 per serve.
A new recipe for us – Greek Drunken Pork Stew -definitely feels like a cultural mashup.
- The pork was $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- Red wine adds 50c or 25c per serve
- Tomato juice add 33c per serve
- Add 60c for the other ingredients.
We decided to serve this with the balance of the baguette, which soaked up the limited liquid quite well. The pork was $5.68 and the Baguette adds 70c for a total of $6.38 per serve.
2 thoughts on “Jul 3: BBQ Chicken with Heirloom Tomato on Fresh Baguette; Greek Drunken Pork Stew”
That stew sound excellent – how did you like it?
We loved the stew. Lots of flavor. Perhaps a hit of a tablespoon of wine right at the end to give it a little acid kick might have been good, but it was really, really good as it was.