As we had an avocado on hand, we spread it on two sandwiches, added sliced Turkey Breast and Garlic Spread to make a really good sandwich.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Avocados were $1.38 for two and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ½ or 88c per serve
- Add 10c for Garlic Spread.
A pretty decent sandwich much improved by the Garlic Spread, for $1.99 per serve.
As the weather is warming up we’re back looking for interesting salads. Tonight we tried Nigella Lawson’s Hot and Sour Beef Salad. We grilled the Rib Eye on the outside grill before marinating and serving on a very simple salad base.
- The 10 oz Dry Aged Rib Eye is $8.10 per serve
- The Salad Greens mix was $3.29 but we shared half, or 83c per serve
- Limes were 66c for two but we shared one, or 16c per serve
- Instead of a Chili we used some Sambal Ulec, which adds 20c per serve.
We really enjoyed this salad. The slight heat in the dressing lifted both steak and salad to another level. An excellent meal for $9.29 per serve.