Given that an avocado makes two sandwiches, as does a can of Smoke Trout, we each had an Avocado & Smoked Trout Sandwich. What made it particularly good was the addition of some Garlic Spread on the non-avocado bread.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Avocados were $1.38 for two and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can and we shared one, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 10c for Garlic Spread.
With the Garlic Spread this was an excellent sandwich for $2.86 per serve.
Another new recipe – Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad – for ‘Fishy Friday.’ We souse vidé the Shrimp, cooled and chopped them for the salad.
- The Argentinian Shrimp averages $2.50 per serve
- The Mango was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- The avocado was $1.69 or 85c per serve
- The Salad Greens mix was $3.29 but we shared half, or 83c per serve
- Add 20c for seasonings.
This is an excellent salad and we really enjoyed it. We had some great Mango that perfectly complemented the avocado. A great meal for $5.03 per serve.