Today we mixed it up by sharing two sandwiches. On one Cheddar and Branston Pickle; on the other Salami, Swiss, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Sprouts.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Old Crock cheddar was $5.45 or 90c per serve
- Branston Pickles add 40c
- The Salami was $3.99 and we used ¼ or 50c per serve
- Add 20c for Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve.
Two good sandwiches for $2.83 per serve.
We’re having our ‘Fishy Friday’ early this week as we’re schedule to share Pork Chops with friends on Friday. A simple meal of Avocado Toast topped with Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs with a sprinkling of Everything But The Bagel seasoning.
Tonight we experimented with using mayonnaise in the scrambled eggs, which is a good thing according to Alton Brown.
- The bread is 33c per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 51c each or $1.02 per serve
- Add 10c for Mayonnaise
- The Smoked Salmon was $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- Two Avocados were $1.69 and we shared one, or 43c per serve
- Add 10c for Garlic Spread.
A most enjoyable meal with a good balance of texture and flavor for $6.48 per serve. The yokes of pastured eggs are much richer in color than those of intense production eggs because the chickens get plenty of natural food outdoors.