For lunch we had a simple Egg Salad and Sprouts sandwich on Dave’s Killer Bread.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 92c per serve
- The sprouts cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 12c per serve.
The roll has more structural integrity, but the sandwich version was fine for $1.70 per serve.
As we haven’t had Australian style rissoles for a while, we experimented with heating the griddle on the outside grill instead of the induction cooktop. We got three serves of rissoles.
The salad is “inspired” by the salads the Foodies grew up with: iceberg lettuce, quartered tomato, Kraft (processed) Cheddar and slices of pickled beetroot. We used spinach as the green and a Caramelized Onion Cheddar, but we kept to the spirit of the salad.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.57 or $2.86 per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve
- A pastured egg is 50c or 13c per serve
- The onion is 4c per serve
- Spinach was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Pickled beets in vinaigrette are $1.69, of which we used about ⅓ or 28c per serve
- Add 10c for Carolina BBQ sauce.
The big surprise was how well the Carolina BBQ Sauce went with the Rissoles, which were definitely better cooked on the griddle/grill than inside. A really enjoyable meal for $5.04 per serve.