As well as a fairly conventional Turkey Breast, Sun-dried Tomato Paste and Swiss Cheese, we used a final half eggplant and paired it with Peanut Butter for an unusual, but good, sandwich.
- Daves’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 16c per serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Add 20c for Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- The Eggplant has already been accounted for
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/8, or 13c a serve
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
The Eggplant and Peanut Butter was unusual but good. Both sandwiches account for $1.93 per serve.
Because it was a hot night we returned to a favorite: Nigella Lawson’s Watermelon Salad, although tonight we dropped the black olives and, sadly, our supply of pickled onion was “off” so it was very much a simplified version.
- The watermelon was $2.99, or $1.00 per serve
- The feta is $6.49 for 10.5 oz and we shared 1/2 or $1.63 per serve
- Mint came from our garden
- Limes were $1.95 or 98c per serve
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Simplified, but still good for $3.71 per serve.