For lunch we finished the Popeye’s Fried Chicken, cold, with the remaining Mango Sriracha Slaw from last night.
- 11 Piece Special is $16.41 with tax – $1.49 per chicken piece – or $2.98 per serve
- The Mango Sriracha Slaw kit was $2.99 and this is the last of four serves, or 75c per serve.
Lunch was pretty good for $3.70 per serve.
Thursday night is traditionally our “steak” night and tonight we had dry aged Rib Eye from our Keller Crafted meat box. We grilled it rare and served with a bed of Spinach topped with Blue Cheese, Truffled Almonds and Pomegranate Seeds.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is $8.22 per serve
- Truffled Almonds are $5.99 for the packet and we used about half, or $1.50 per serve
- Organic Spinach was $1.99 and we used about ¼ or 25c per serve
- Pomegranate Seeds were $4.49 and we used half, or $1.12 per serve
- Crumbled Blue Cheese was $3.49 and we used ¼ or 44c per serve.
A great steak perfectly cooked and served with an interesting and tasty salad is hard to beat! The Truffled Almonds played well with the funkiness of the Blue Cheese. A very enjoyable meal for $11.53 per serve.
For those interested in the photography: due to a flat battery in my regular camera, a Sony RX-10, I reverted to an iPhone 8+ with the same lighting setup. I love the convenience of the iPhone camera but it does not stack up well against the Sony.