A trip to Home Depot had us near the excellent New York Chicken and Gyro so we stopped in for another excellent Lamb Gyro for $8.00 per serve with tax and tip.
For our “Fishy Friday” this week we revisited our Smoked Trout Salad loosely based on a traditional Cobb Salad. Our variation drops the bacon as we already have smokey overtones from the Trout and our cheese is Burrata not Blue!
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can and we used one can per serve
- The Burrata was $4.99 or $2.50 per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 51c per serve
- Organic Spinach was $1.99 and we used about ¼ or 25c per serve
- A bag of five Avocados was $5.99 and we shared one, or 60c per serve
- The Grape tomatoes cost $2.49 or 63c per serve
- Add 40c for Olive Oil and Balsamic Glaze.
This is an excellent salad with a good balance of smoke, acid and salt for $7.87 per serve.