We still had a little of the Beef & Mushroom Stir Fry of a couple of nights ago, so we reheated it and stuffed it into a hot Panini Roll and topped with Sprouts.
- The Panini Roll is 63c
- A serve of the Beef and Mushroom is $4.05, or $2.03 per serve
- The sprouts cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 6c per serve.
The Sprouts added an essential crunch to a pretty good sandwich for $2.72 per serve.
For dinner we decide to experiment with a rissole recipe. If rissoles are “individual meatloaf” serves that are fried instead of being baked, then what would happen if we took a meatloaf recipe and made rissoles?
We chose the Turkey, Bacon and Chipotle recipe and made it into individual patties, dusted them with flour and rested in the fridge before being grilled on a hotplate outside.
- Ground turkey cost $6.99 or $1.94 per serve
- Bacon adds 55c per serve
- A can of chipotle is $1.50 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Add 65c for onion, breadcrumbs and seasonings
- An Avocado is $1.20 or 60c per serve
- Organic Spinach was $1.99 and we used about ¼ or 25c per serve
- Pomegranate Seeds are $4.49 and we used half, or $1.13 per serve
- Add 30c for Balsamic Glaze.
The Turkey Bacon Chipotle Rissoles were a success! They had great flavor and the texture from frying is like having the outside bit of the meatloaf (or the Maillard Reaction from frying slices) all over. A good meal for $5.80 per serve. We had 5/9 of the rissoles tonight.