Today’s lunch sandwiches were a revisit to the Apple, Cheddar & Mustard sandwich we’ve had before, and a BLT, with Butter Lettuce. We cooked the bacon in the Panini Press.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Bacon is $7.99 for eight pieces and we used two, or $1.00 per serve
- The Old Crock cheddar was $5.45 or 68c per serve
- The Apple was 86c and we shared half, or 22c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 18c per serve
- Add 20c for Garlic Spread and Lettuce.
Both are excellent sandwiches for $2.94 per serve.
These Ground Beef Tostadas are essentially Tacos on a Tostada. Start with a seasoned Ground Beef and some refried beans, then pile on as many toppings as the tostada can carry. We will get four serves from the meat mixture. We used two serves on four Tostadas.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.57 or $2.14 per serve
- The tostadas are 22 for $2.29 or 21c per serve
- Refried beans are 25c per serve
- Add 30c for Butter Lettuce
- Add 30c for the Sour Cream dressing
- Add 40c for salsa and a dusting of cotija cheese.
These were both tasty and filling for $3.60 per serve. Foodie Greg didn’t quite finish his second Tostadas.