Since we have avocados ripening in the fridge, we used one on a sandwich with Sardines and Sprouts. We also shared an Egg Salad Sandwich.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- An Avocado is $1.20 or 60c per serve
- The sprouts cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 6c per serve
- Skinless, boneless sardines in water are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 3 oz, or 55c per serve
- Add 20c for Garlic Spread.
Both were quite enjoyable for $3.07 per serve.
Our postponed Meatless Monday is a bit of a cheat! We took half the packet of Trader Joe’s Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions and cooked them in a frying pan.
We then added four beaten eggs and set it as a frittata. An easy, meatless meal.
- The Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions is $2.99 for the pack, but we used half, or 75c per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 51c each or $1.02 per serve.
The Frozen Potatoes come subtly spiced and we amped up the Spanish Tortilla aspect with additional Smokey Paprika. We ate two quarters each, it was that good, for $1.77 per serve.