Errands had us in the vicinity of The Country Deli at lunch time so we stopped in an had our “usuals”: Marinated Skirt Steak for Foodie Philip; Pastrami on Rye for Foodie Greg, although we take home leftovers of this sandwich.
Lunch, with tax and tip, was typical for a lunch here, at $22.68 per serve.
For Meatless Monday we interpreted Heuvos Rancheros as a Quesadilla, with Refried Black Beans, Swiss Cheese (which is completely wrong but if it’s the only cheese you have…), and Fried Egg on top.
- The Flour and Corn Tortillas were $2.29 for 12 but we shared 2 or 19c per serve
- Two Pastured Eggs are $1.02 per serve, although Foodie Greg had only one, for an average of 77c per serve
- Refried beans are 25c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 67c per serve
- Add 40c for Salas
- Add 40c for butter for the eggs.
A decent meatless meal where the Pastured Eggs are the highlight, both visually and in flavor, for $2.68 per serve.