Today we shared two of our typical lunch sandwiches: one with Sweet & Spicy Tuna with Capers, the other Egg Salad & Sprouts.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Guacamole Snack Pack is $3.99 or 50c per serve
- The Sweet & Spicy Tuna is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 46c per serve
- The sprouts cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 6c per serve
- Add 30c for Garlic Spread.
Two good sandwiches for $2.98 per serve.
Being Fishy Friday we revisited the Baked Cod with Beans and Olives recipe. This time we had frozen Cod from Whole Foods instead of the Ralphs/Kroger home brand. While 50% more expensive, the Whole Foods Cod is a much better protein and still not that expensive.
- The beans were $1.00 per can or 50c per serve
- The cod fillets were six for $19.99 or $3.33 per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used half, or $1.25 per serve
- The lemons were $1.78 or 89c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning and oil
- We served with black rice at 44c per serve.
The new Cod did not lose massive amounts of water and maintained its structure and flavor. The dish was much more enjoyable because of it, for $5.71 per serve.