For lunch we picked up a Lamb Gyros from New York Chicken and Gyro for $8.00 per serve with tax and tip.
Tonight we returned to our Caramelized Pork Bowl,=s, which is a great way to use some of the ground pork we get each month in our meat box. We prefer it on a simple salad and sprouts.
- The ground pork was $8.35 and we’ll get four serves from that, or $2.09 per serve
- Add 40c for ginger, shallot, garlic and chili, etc
- Add 10c for grated carrot
- Mung Bean Sprouts were $1.49 or 75c per serve
- The other Greens add 30c per serve.
A standard for us because it tastes good , is easy to prepare and costs only $3.64 per serve.