Today we returned to the Bacon, Lettuce and Kumato sandwich, and one one each.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Bacon is $7.99 for eight pieces and we used four, or 2.00 per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we each had one, or 36c per serve
- Add 30c for Garlic Spread and Lettuce.
A great sandwich for $3.32 per serve.
For dinner we returned to another favorite way of using “Beef for Fajita” from our Keller Crafted meat box.
As we had “meat for fajita” in the freezer and a new wok to try, so we returned to a favorite: Stir-Fried Beef With Snap Peas and Oyster Sauce with brown rice. We have some leftovers for sandwiches.
- The ‘fajita’ beef cost $13.5 for a full pound of beef, or $5.40 per very generous serve
- Snow peas add $1.00 per serve
- The various sauce and marinade ingredients add $1.00 per serve
The stir fry is a good weeknight meal, for $7.40, mostly because we get all our beef aged from Keller Crafted, which is definitely more expensive than conventionally sourced beef.