It seems like an IBC tradition that one or other of us picks up a bug on the flight back. This time it was Foodie Greg’s turn to feel under the weather, so it was logical we’d have Côte d’Azur Cure-All Soup, for lunch with a crusty panini.
The recipe makes six serves.
- Six pastured brown eggs are $3.06 or 51c per serve
- A whole head of garlic went into the soup: 50c or 8c per serve
- Organic chicken bone broth was $3.99 or 75c per serve
- Parmesan cost $5.49 and we used it all, or 92c per serve.
- Add 40c for herbs, oil and seasonings
- The panini roll is 63c.
As a medicine this is delicious. As a soup it’s got a heady garlic aroma, cheesy saltiness from the Parmesan and a creamy texture from the eggs. It almost makes being sick worthwhile, for $3.29 per serve.
Thursday night steak night with a NY Strip Steak from our Keller Crafted meat box. Grilled outside by first rending the fat (and getting a good smoke going) and then grilling to rare and served with a bed of Spinach topped with Blue Cheese, Rosemary Almonds and Pomegranate Seeds.
- At 10 oz the NY Strip is $8.22 per serve
- Rosemary Almonds are $5.99 for the packet and we used about half, or $1.50 per serve
- Organic Spinach was $1.99 and we used about ¼ or 25c per serve
- Pomegranate Seeds were $4.49 and we used half, or $1.12 per serve
- Crumbled Blue Cheese was $3.49 and we used ¼ or 44c per serve.
A great steak perfectly cooked and served with an interesting and tasty salad is hard to beat, for $11.53 per serve.