With Foodie Philip now suffering, we cooked up a new batch of Côte d’Azur Cure-All Soup, for $2.66 per serve without a bread roll.
For our Sunday night dinner we returned to the Mushroom and Red Wine Meatloaf, with Spinach, Pomegranate, Blue Cheese and Almond Salad. The meatloaf recipe makes four generous serves.
- The dry aged ground beef was $20.16 or $5.04 per serve
- Sliced portobello mushrooms were $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.02 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- Rosemary Almonds are $5.99 for the packet and we used about half, or $1.50 per serve
- Organic Spinach was $1.99 and we used about ¼ or 25c per serve
- Pomegranate Seeds were $4.49 and we used half, or $1.12 per serve
- Crumbled Blue Cheese was $3.49 and we used ¼ or 44c per serve.
This meatloaf turned out with the best texture ever! If only we knew what we did right this time! It has a deep rich flavor and the salad complements well. At $10.18 per serve it’s not the cheapest meal, but it is a good one.