For lunch we removed the meat from the leg and thigh of the BBQ chicken and packed it, with the remaining corn mix, in a hot Panini Roll.
- The Panini Roll is 63c
- The Chicken is $1.75 per serve
- The Cream-less Creamed Corn has been accounted for.
This turned out really well for $2.38 per serve.
For our Meatless Monday we grilled Eggplant and served it with a Peanut Satay Sauce and a Vietnamese Inspired Salad with Bean Sprout Noodles instead of Bean Sprouts.
- The Eggplant was $2.98 or $1.49 per serve
- The Bean Sprout Noodles add 45c per serve
- The Carrot was $1.69, but we used only 1/20th or about 5c per serve
- The Cucumber was 28c or 14c per serve
- Limes (for juice and zest) were 33c or 16c per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 50c a serve
- Add 50c for Marinade ingredients.
We prefer the Eggplant over a meat protein when having Peanut Satay sauce, so this is a favorite meal for $3.29 per serve.