For lunch we cooked up half a pack of Trader Joe’s Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions, and topped with beaten eggs and cooked as a Frittata.
- The Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions is $2.99 for the pack, but we used half, or 75c per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 51c each or $1.02 per serve.
We ate two quarters each, it was that good, for $1.77 per serve.
- The NY Strip Steak was $20.18 or $10.09 per serve
- Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used ¼ or 42c per serve
- A bag of five Avocados was $5.99 and we shared one, or 60c per serve
- The Grape tomatoes cost $2.49 or 63c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for sugar snap peas
- Add 40c for Olive Oil and Balsamic Glaze.
The steak was cooked perfectly and the salad made a good accompaniment for $12.44 per serve.